Bachan's Classic Grilled Chicken
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Coat the chicken with oil, rubbing on all sides. Lightly season with salt.
2. Heat one side of the grill to high, leaving the other side un-heated. Lightly oil both sides of the grill.
3. Lay the chicken down on the hot side of the grill and sear, uncovered for 5-10 minutes, or until lightly seared, flipping once.
4. Move the chicken to the indirect side of the grill, so it’s not over direct heat. Reduce the hot side of the grill to medium and cover the grill. Cook the chicken, on the indirect side, undisturbed, skin side down, for 20 minutes.
5. Uncover the grill, flip the chicken and baste generously with Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce. Cover the grill and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes. Uncover, flip, sauce, cover, and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (170°F)
6. To finish, turn the heat up to high and brush with more Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce. Sear briefly, skin side down over direct heat. Remove from the grill and finish with freshly ground pepper, a generous drizzle of Bachan’s, and enjoy!
• 12 cups Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
• 50 chicken thighs
• 50 chicken drumsticks
• 4 cups neutral oil
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Per Serving: 1 Thigh, 1 Drumstick