Veggie Yaki Udon
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Prep the mushrooms: In a large skillet or flat top grill, heat up the butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sear without moving for 2-3 minutes. When the 2-3 minutes are up, toss occasionally, until the mushrooms turn golden and caramelized.
2. Add the garlic and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to cook, tossing, until deeply browned and caramelized, turning down the heat if needed. Transfer to a bowl or move off the heat.
3. Soak the udon in lukewarm tap water. When the strands of udon are loose and soft, drain well and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, combine Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce and dashi and bring to a gentle simmer.
5. Finish the yaki udon in batches: In a large skillet over medium heat, transfer equal proportions of the prepared mushroom mix, udon, and Bachan’s dashi.
6. Toss and reduce the sauce slightly, until it turns glossy and coats the udon evenly. Serve, finishing with sliced green onions. Enjoy!
• 3 cups Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
• 50 bricks frozen udon, defrosted
• 3 cups butter
• 3 cups olive oil
• 25 ib mixed mushrooms of choice, sliced
• 1 lb garlic, minced
• 6 cups dashi or chicken stock
• 3 cups green onion sliced
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Per Serving: 3 Cups/i>