5-Ingredient Agedashi Tofu
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Drain the tofu by placing on paper towels or clean kitchen towels.
2. In a small pot, combine Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce and dashi and bring to a simmer over low heat. When warm, remove and set aside.
3. In a medium, deep sided pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 350°F. While the oil is heating, move the drained tofu to a cutting board and cut into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes. Evenly coat the tofu in cornstarch, gently pressing to adhere to all sides and shake off the excess.
4. Fry the tofu in batches. Gently add the tofu to the hot oil and fry until light golden brown and crispy, flipping as needed, 2-3 minutes. Drain on a wire rack.
5. Divide the Bachan’s dashi evenly into 4 small bowls and divide the fried tofu cubes evenly among the bowls. Top with sliced green onions and grated daikon as desired.
• 1/4 cup Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
• 1 block medium firm tofu
• 2-3 cups neutral high heat oil to deep fry
• 1 cup dashi
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes