Arctic Char Yakisoba
Posted by Robert Van Horne on
1. Heat a nonstick or cast iron pan with 1 tbsp. of toasted sesame oil. Add garlic.
2. Sauté on medium heat until the garlic is golden brown and brings a nutty aroma. Add carrots and cabbage. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until tender. Remove all ingredients from pan and set aside.
3. Bring 1 cup of water to boil and add the entire package of noodles to loosen them up. Once boiling; bring heat down to medium and stir the noodles until they are completely loosened up. Keep an eye on the water evaporating, you want to have at least 1/4 cup left in the pan before adding the rest of your ingredients.
4. Add the cabbage, carrots and garlic mixture, choice of protein. In this case I used smoked Arctic Char fish (bones removed), 2 tbsp of Bachan's and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. NOTE for PROTEIN: As shown, I saved one fillet of fish to add on top. I heated all the fish in the oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes during the cooking of vegetables and noodles. I de-boned one fillet and added to the noodle mixture during cooking.
6. Serve and garnish the Yakisoba with crunchy chili oil, green onions, pickled mustard greens, toasted sesame seeds and an extra drizzle of Bachan's for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Recipe provided by Akira @thevictualhub
1 package of Japanes Yakisoba noodles
1 cup water
3 tbsp. Bachan’s
2 tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
1/2 cup of chopped green cabbage
1/4 cup sliced or shredded carrots
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
2 tbsp. pickled mustard greens
4 cloves chopped fresh or roasted garlic
1 stalk of chopped green onions
6oz of Arctic Char (salmon) small fillets (Smoked at 250 degrees for 1 hour prior or protein of choice)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves 2 people