Bachan's Loco Moco
Posted by Lucas Mays on
Prepare white rice according to package instructions. I used long grain white rice in a rice cooker and used chicken broth instead of water for added flavor.
Form a patty with the 80/20 ground beef and generously season both sides with salt, pepper, garlic to taste. Cook until internal temp of 160F.
1. In a medium sauce pan bring beef broth to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, and Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce.
2. In a small bowl whisk together cold water and corn starch until dissolved. Pour into boiling beef broth and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir until thickened.
3. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
1. Place 1-2 scoops of white rice on to the plate. Sprinkle black sesame seeds and then drizzle some gravy over the rice.
2. Place the burger on top of the rice. Pour a generous amount of gravy over the burger until a pool of gravy forms around the rice. Don't skimp on this step!
3. Finally, drizzle your favorite Bachan's over the gravy! On this recipe, I used the Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce.
4. Place 1-2 fried eggs on top of the burger.
5. Garnish and Enjoy!!
Shredded carrot, sliced green onion, caramelized onion, pickled red onion, Korean red pepper
Recipe provided by @idsmokethat_bbq
8 oz ground beef 80/20
white sticky rice
Korean crushed red pepper
½ cup Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce
red pickled onion (optional)
black sesame seeds (optional)
2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons Bachan’s Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
1/4 cup cold water
3 tablespoons corn starch
salt and pepper
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 1 Person, add servings for group