Bachan's Skillet Chicken
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a deep oven safe skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is hot and shimmery, add the chicken thighs to the pan, skin side down. Sear the chicken skin without moving it until the skin becomes golden and releases, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onions and potatoes. Lightly brown, then remove from the pan.
4. Reduce the heat to medium add the garlic, Bachan’s Gluten Free Barbecue Sauce, honey, and 2 tbsp water directly into the pan. Stir and bring to a simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, then add the onions, potatoes, and chicken thighs. Toss to coat.
5. Bake, covered with foil, for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. If desired, remove the foil in the last 2-3 minutes of baking to to caramelize. Enjoy!
1/4 cup Bachan's Gluten Free Japanese Barbecue Sauce
4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
2 tbsp neutral oil, divided
1 medium onion, sliced
1 lb baby potatoes, washed and halved
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp honey
Cook Time: 40 Minutes