Hot & Spicy Bibimbap
Posted by Lucas Mays on
1. Slice the cucumber and massage with the rice vinegar and a sprinkle of salt. Set aside.
2. Lightly blanch the mung bean sprouts and season with a sprinkle of salt and 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil. Set aside.
3. Massage the carrots with a sprinkle of salt until soft. Lightly sauté over medium heat. Set aside.
4. Lightly blanch the spinach, then squeeze dry. Season with a sprinkle of salt, 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, and toasted sesame seeds. Set aside.
5. Sauté the mushrooms and garlic over medium high heat until soft and brown. Season with the soy sauce and brown sugar. Set aside.
6. Fry the eggs sunny side up until done to your liking.
7. Assembly: In a bowl, divide the rice equally. Top with equal amounts of Bachan's Hot and Spicy Barbecue Sauce, cucumber, mung bean sprouts, carrots, spinach, and mushrooms. Top each bowl with a fried egg and sprinkle on toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds. Mix up throughly and enjoy!
1 mini cucumber, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon rice vinegar
1 tsp toasted sesame oil, divided
1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
1 cup julienned carrots
4 cups baby spinach
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
2 cups cooked short grain rice
toasted sesame seeds
¼ cup Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes