Hot & Spicy Fish Tacos
Posted by Lucas Mays on
1. Make a quick salsa by combining the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and cilantro. Season with lime and salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, marinate the fish in Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce.
3. In another bowl, mix together the flour and cornstarch, along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. In a deep frying pan, heat up 1/2 inch of oil over medium high heat until hot and shimmery. Remove the fish from the sauce and dredge them through the flour mix, shaking to remove the excess.
5. Fry the fish, without crowding, until deeply golden brown, 3-5 minutes, flipping as needed. Remove to a wire rack or paper towel lined plate, keep warm and repeat with the remaining fish.
6. Warm the tortillas and top with fried fish, cabbage, salsa, lime wedges, and a generous amount of Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce.
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
½ red onion, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup chopped cilantro
1 jalapeño, sliced
¼ cup Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce
1 lb firm white fish, cut into 3 inch long strips
¼ cup flour
¼ cup cornstarch
neutral oil to deep fry
fresh corn tortillas
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 4 People