Hot & Spicy Fried Rice
Posted by Lucas Mays on
1. Fluff the rice and gently mix in 1-2 tablespoons of water and 2 teaspoons of oil until all the grains of rice are coated. Set aside.
2. Lightly beat the eggs with salt and scramble in a lightly oiled large frying pan or wok, until the eggs until are mostly set but slightly runny. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
3. Cook the bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Drain and remove from the bacon from the pan and set aside. Remove some of the bacon fat, reserving for another use, leaving about 1 tbsp in the pan.
4. Sauté the onions over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
5. Turn the heat down to low and add the rice, breaking up to cook and crisp. Cooking on low ensures that the rice stays fluffy and moist.
6. Add the bacon and eggs back into the pan along with the Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce, tossing. Turn the heat up to high and stir while frying to everything smoky and crisp. Finish with fresh scallions and enjoy.
2 cups cooked rice
2 large eggs
6 slices bacon, chopped
¼ medium onion, diced
2 tbsp Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce
2 scallions, thinly sliced
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 2 People