Korean Beef Bulgogi
Posted by Lucas Mays on
1. In a bowl thoroughly mix all ingredients of the marinade.
2. Thinly slice the Bavette against the grain and add to a gallon sized ziplock bag (or marinator) along with the onions & marinade. Shake to coat the meat, press out all air from the bag and set in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 6-8 hours.
3. Cook jasmine rice with preferred method.
4. Sauté the marinated Bavette and onions in a large cast iron pan until caramelized but still tender.
5. Serve the Bulgogi on top of the jasmine rice and garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds!
Recipe provided by @chef_fingaz_bbq
2 lbs Bavette/Flap Steak thinly sliced
½ Vidalia Onion julienned
3 cups of Jasmine Rice
2 stalks of Scallions biased cut
Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 cup Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce
¼ Vidalia Onion Grated
1 Tablespoon of Gochujang
1-2 Tablespoons of Toasted Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons of Mirin
¼cup of packed Brown Sugar
¼ Grated Asian Pear
2-3 Garlic Cloves Minced
1 Tablespoon of Grated Ginger
1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 4 People