Marry Me Chicken
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Lightly pat the chicken breasts dry and season both sides with salt and freshly ground pepper. Dust both sides generously with the flour, shaking off any excess.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat until shimmery. Add the floured cutlets in a single layer and cook, without moving, until the chicken releases easily and is golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook the other side of the chicken until cooked through, about 2-4 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
3. Turn the heat down to medium and add the garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 30 seconds. Deglaze with a bit of the chicken stock, scraping up any browned bits.
4. Add the remaining chicken stock, heavy cream, Bachan’s Hot and Spicy Barbecue Sauce, and sun dried tomatoes to the pan. Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat to medium low.
5. Sprinkle in the parmesan, in batches, stirring after each addition, until melted. Stir in the lemon juice and nestle the chicken back into the pan.
6. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly and everything is warm and bubbly, about 4-5 minutes. Taste, season, and garnish as desired.
2 tbsp Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce
2 chicken breasts, lightly pounded and flattened or halved into 4 thin cutlets
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken stock, no sodium preferred
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped, optional
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes