Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush the cut side of the eggplant with neutral oil and place the eggplants, cut side down, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on eggplant size. When done, the flesh should be fork tender.
2. While the eggplant is roasting, mix together Bachan’s Miso Barbecue Sauce, sugar, and toasted sesame oil.
3. Remove the eggplant from the oven. Turn the oven up to broil high.
4. Carefully flip the eggplants and top the cut sides generously with the Miso sauce. Place the baking tray directly under the broiler. Broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce starts to caramelize.
5. Remove from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes, then finish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired. Enjoy!
1/4 cup Bachan's Miso Japanese Barbecue Sauce
4 Japanese eggplants, cut lengthwise in half
2 tsp neutral oil
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes