Yuzu & Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta 2 minutes short of the cooking time, according to the package.
2. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook, until soft, but not brown.
3. Add the shrimp and cook, flipping once, until pink and firm, 1-2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
4. Add the heavy cream, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup hot pasta water to the pan. Bring to a gentle simmer.
5. When the pasta is done, immediately use a pair of tongs to transfer the pasta to the pan with the cream sauce, reserving the pasta water.
6. Turn the heat to high and cook until the pasta is al dente, tossing, until the sauce is thick, glossy, and coats the pasta. Add more pasta water if needed to loosen up the sauce.
7. Add the shrimp back into the pan, along with the lemon zest and Italian parsley.
8. Remove from the heat and finish with 1-2 tbsp Bachan’s Yuzu Barbecue Sauce. Taste and season with freshly ground pepper. Enjoy hot with parmesan to finish, if desired.
2 tbsp Bachan's Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce
6 ounces long pasta of choice
2 tbsp butter
1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup heavy cream
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
Parmesan, to finish
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes