Air Fryer Tonkatsu
Posted by Robert Van Horne on
1. Toast the panko: add the panko to a dry non-stick pan over medium heat. Drizzle with oil and stir, toasting until golden and crisp. Remove from the pan and let cool.
2. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and freshly ground pepper. Dust with flour on all sides, shaking off the excess.
3. Dip the floured chops into the lightly beaten egg then coat with panko, pressing to make sure it’s completely coated.
4. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Fry the katsu for 10-15 minutes, depending on size, flipping halfway. The internal temperature should reach 145°F. Remove from the air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
5. Serve with thinly sliced cabbage, rice, and plenty of Bachan’s for drizzling and dipping.
Note: for thin pork chops, cook at 375°F for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway.
1 cup panko
1 tbsp neutral oil
2 boneless pork chops
2 tbsp flour
1 large egg, lightly beaten
thinly sliced cabbage
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 2 People