Bachan's BLT Onigirazu
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Marinate your tomatoes: lay the tomato slices on a plate, add Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce, and flip to coat. Let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Lay your nori sheet, shiny side down, on a sheet of plastic wrap on a cutting board.
3. Take a small handful of the rice (about 1/3 cup) and flatten it into a square in the middle of the seaweed. Add mayo on top of the rice and spread evenly.
4. Rip the lettuce leaves so they fit on the rice and arrange. Top with the marinated tomato slices and bacon. Top with another handful of rice and arrange on top in a square.
5. Fold in the four corners tightly, but gently, into the center, starting with one corner and moving in a clockwise direction, overlapping the seaweed in the middle. Continue until the onigirazu is completed, then wrap the plastic wrap tightly around. Let sit for a minimum of 5 minutes so that the seaweed softens.
6. Remove the plastic wrap, slice in half, and enjoy.
• 2 tbsp Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
• 2 sheets roasted nori
• 1.5 cups warm short grain rice
• 1 tbsp kewpie mayo
• 4 slices cooked bacon, cut in half before cooking
• 2-4 slices tomato
• 2-4 leaves lettuce
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes