Bachan's Yaki Udon
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Soak the udon in a large bowl of lukewarm tap water. When the strands of udon are loose and soft, drain well and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat up the butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sear without moving for 2-3 minutes. When the 2-3 minutes are up, toss occasionally, until the mushrooms turn golden and caramelized.
3. Add the garlic and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to cook, tossing, until deeply browned and caramelized, turning down the heat if needed.
4. Stir in Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce and dashi and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the drained udon and toss.
5. Reduce the sauce slightly, until it turns glossy and coats the udon evenly. Serve, finishing with sliced green onions. Enjoy!
2 tbsp Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
2 bricks udon (frozen preferred)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb mixed mushrooms of choice, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup dashi or chicken stock
2 tbsp sliced green onions
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes