BRAISED SHORT RIBS & PICKLED VEGETABLES
Posted by Bachans Admin on
1. Thinly slice cucumber, carrot, daikon radish and red onion. In a jar, add rice wine vinegar, sugar, salt, water and thinly sliced vegetables. Set aside or refrigerate while meat is cooking.
2. Dust Short Ribs with light coat of flour season with salt and pepper to taste. In a sauté pan with sesame oil, lightly brown the short ribs. Be cautious to not cook through.
3. Place browned short ribs in a crock pot or slow cooker with grated ginger, 1 cup Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce and Beef Stock. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
4. Once beef is cooked, take excess drippings from the Crockpot, place in a sauce pan with ½ cup Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce and reduce over low heat.
5. Plate braised short ribs on cooked white rice, spoon sauce over meat and top with pickled vegetables. Garnish with cilantro, sprinkle of lime zest, sesame seeds and red Thai chilis.
8 Bone-in Beef Short Ribs
2 tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
1 cup + ½ cup Bachan's Japanese Barbecue Sauce2 cups Beef Stock
4 tbsp Flour
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Lime Zest (garnish)Sesame Seeds (garnish)
Red Thai Chili (garnish)
Serve Over White Rice
1 Daikon Radish
½ Red Onion
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 cup Water
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 4-6 hours