Caramelized Pork and Eggs
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Heat up the oil in a medium heavy bottomed pot or braiser over medium high heat.
2. Brown the cubes of pork belly on all sides, flipping as needed. When golden, stir in garlic, shallots, and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Add enough water to barely cover the pork belly, along with Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce and fish sauce, if using. Bring to a simmer, then turn down the heat and partially cover.
4. Braise until the pork is soft and tender, 1hr to 1hr 20min. Stir occasionally.
5. When the pork is tender, add the soft boiled eggs and simmer for another minute or two to warm the eggs through. Enjoy with rice.
1/4 Cup Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
neutral oil for the pan
2 lbs pork belly, cut into 2 inch cubes
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 shallots, halved
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp fish sauce, optional
4 boiled eggs (8 minute eggs), to serve
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour