Cedar Plank Salmon
Posted by Lucas Mays on
1. First create a dry brine mixture by mixing brown sugar, salt, freshly cut thyme, freshly cut dill.
2. Rinse the salmon under cold water and pat dry.
In a small box, put a thin layer of the dry brine mixture, put the salmon on top and cover the salmon with the rest of the mixture.
3. Brine for 2-4 hours.
4. Soak a cedar plank in white wine for 1 hour.
5. After brining, rinse the salmon with cold water and pat dry.
6. Prepare the grill for direct and indirect heat of 360°F.
7. Place cedar plank on the grill directly above the heat.
8. Once you start smelling the cedar, flip the plank with the warm side up then place salmon on top.
9. Cover the salmon with Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue sauce and place the plank in the cold zone of the grill.
10. Every 10 minutes, baste salmon with a little more Bachan's, until the salmon internal temp hits 125°F
11. Finish with some finely cut green onions and sesame seeds.
Recipe provided by @ghentlemens_bbq
⅔ cup brown sugar
6 tbsp salt
1 tbsp freshly cut thyme
1 tbsp freshly cut dill
½ cup Bachan’s Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
Prep/Brine Time: 2-4 Hours
Cook Time: 40-60 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 People