Hot & Spicy Gyoza
Posted by Lucas Mays on
1. Mix the cabbage with a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Let rest for 10 minutes then squeeze out the excess water.
2. Mix together 2 tbsp water with the teaspoon of cornstarch and stir into the pork until it forms a paste.
3. Stir in the Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce, cabbage, and chives, mixing until well incorporated.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle of the wrapper. Fold over into a half moon shape, lightly moisten the edges of the wrapper with water and pinch the edges to seal. Cover while you're making the remaining dumplings so they don't dry out.
5. In a nonstick pan, over medium heat, heat up 2 teaspoons oil. When hot, lay out the gyoza, in a single layer. Cook, until the bottoms brown, then add 2 tablespoons of water, and cover the pan for 3-4 minutes. Lift off the lid and continue cooking until the bottoms are brown and crisp.
1½ cups finely chopped green cabbage
1 lb ground pork
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce
½ cup nira chives / Chinese chives / sliced green onions
40 gyoza wrappers
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 6 People