Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti 3 minutes shy of al dente according to the package directions.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, make the sauce. Heat the oil and butter together in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, until soft, but not brown.
3. Add the sausages and sauté for 1-2 minute, stirring, until lightly browned. Stir in the sliced mushrooms and bell peppers.
4. Add ketchup and Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce and hold at a simmer until the pasta is ready.
5. Use a pair of tongs to transfer the spaghetti directly from the cooking water to the pan with the sauce, reserving the pasta water.
6. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the pan with the sauce and spaghetti and bring to a boil over medium high heat to finish cooking the pasta in the sauce. Toss until the spaghetti is cooked and the sauce is glossy and clings to the spaghetti, about 3 minutes. Loosen the sauce with 1-2 tablespoons of pasta water as needed.
7. Finish with freshly ground pepper and enjoy immediately.
2 tablespoons Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
8 ounces of spaghetti
1 tbsp neutral oil
1 tbsp butter
1/4 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 lb Polish Kielbasa sausage, sliced into strips
4 white mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 tbsp ketchup
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes