Miso Candied Yams
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small sauce pan or pot, melt the butter over low heat and stir in Bachan’s Miso Barbecue Sauce and brown sugar. Cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
2. Add the cubed and peeled yams to a casserole dish. Toss the yams with the miso butter sauce until yams are well coated.
3. Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, stir, and continue to bake for another 25 minutes or until the yams are fork tender and the sugar starts to caramelize.
4. Let cool slightly, and top with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
• 1/4 cup Bachan's Miso Japanese Barbecue Sauce
• 2.5 lbs orange sweet potatoes/yams, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• toasted sesame seeds, optional
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes