Miso Cheeseburger Onigiri
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Shape the ground beef into 4 mini patties and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat up a pan over high heat and add the burger patties, using a spatula to smash the patties into the pan, flattening and caramelizing. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the edges of the patties start to brown. Flip and continue to cook for another 1 minute.
3. Turn the heat to low top with Bachan’s Miso Barbecue Sauce, flipping and coating each patty completely.
4. Lightly wet your hands with water and sprinkle a bit of salt on both hands. Take about 1/2 cup of rice into your hands and flatten out into a round, with a slight indentation in the middle.
5. Place a slice of cheese into the middle of the warm rice, followed by the chopped onions (if using) and finishing with the miso burger patty onigiri. Top with a bit of extra rice, about 1/4 cup.
6. Cup your hands and lightly compress the rice around the cheeseburger, shaping like a snowball, then gently press into a triangle.
7. Wrap a strip of nori around the onigiri, then repeat with the remaining ingredients until all the onigiri are made. Enjoy immediately.
• 1tbsp Bachan's Miso Japanese Barbecue Sauce
• 1/4 lb lean ground beef
• 1 slice cheddar, cut into 4 pieces
• 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
• 3 cups freshly cooked, warm, but not hot, short grain rice
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 sheets roasted nori, cut in half
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes