Posted by Ecomm Admin on
Miso Glazed Cod
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 2
1. Lightly pat the fish dry and sprinkle both sides with the salt. Let sit until any excess moisture is drawn out, about 5 mins, then brush off the salt and pat dry.
2. Add Bachan’s Miso Barbecue Sauce in a shallow container. Transfer the salted fish to the container and flip so that all sides of the fish have been covered in marinade. Tightly cover the container and marinate in the fridge overnight.
3. The next day, remove the fish from the marinade and gently remove as much marinade as you can from the surface of the fish (otherwise the fish will burn).
4. Place the filets, skin side up if skin on, on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and let temper while you heat the oven.
5. Heat the oven to 400°F. When the oven is hot, place the baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake until the fish is cooked through (to an internal temperature of 140ºF) and it starts to blister, about 20 minutes. If desired, at the end, turn on the broiler and broil keeping a close eye on it until the cod caramelizes.
6. Remove from the oven, use a brush to baste with the oil on the baking tray and finishing with extra Bachan’s Miso Barbecue Sauce if desired. Enjoy immediately.
1/3 cup Bachan's Miso Japanese Barbecue Sauce
2 filets cod
1 tsp salt
Prep Time: 5 Minutes, plus overnight marinade
Cook Time: 20 Minutes