Posted by Lucas Mays on
1. Heat up the butter in a pan over medium heat, then cook the onions until soft, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce and 1 cup of dashi and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the beef and cook until just cooked through and tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Make the soup by combining the remaining dashi and Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce along with 1 tablespoon sake into a medium pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
4. Cook the udon according to the package directions and drain well.
5. To assemble: Divide the soup between 2 deep bowls, then add the noodles equally. Top with the beef and onions. Finish with green onions.
1 tbsp butter
½ small onion, thinly sliced
½ lb thinly sliced beef
¼ cup Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
4 cups dashi
1 tbsp sake
2 bricks frozen udon
sliced green onions
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 2 People