OG Japanese Rolled Omelette
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Lightly beat the eggs with Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce until incorporated throughly.
2. Lightly oil a tamagoyaki pan and heat over medium low. Add 2 tbsp of the egg mix to the pan, swirling to cover evenly.
3. After the eggs start to solidify, use a spatula to fold the eggs over twice, like how you fold a letter into thirds. Push the eggs to the end of the pan.
4. Add a bit more oil to the pan and and another 2 tbsp of the egg mix, making sure to lift the cooked eggs so the egg mix is underneath. When the eggs are almost set, roll the eggs from one side to the other. Repeat until all the egg mix is used. Remove the eggs from the pan and let set. Slice and enjoy.
Alternatively, with a round frying pan:
1. Add oil to a non stick pan and heat over medium. Coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of egg.
2. When the egg has set but the top is still soft, start to roll the disk into a log shape.
3. Push the log to one side of the pan and add a bit more oil and egg mix to cover the bottom of the pan, lifting the egg log so the egg mix goes underneath.
4. When the egg starts to set but is still soft, roll the egg and push to one side. Repeat until all the egg mix is done.
1 tbsp Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
4 large eggs
neutral oil for the pan
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes