Scratch Made Green Bean Casserole
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring very occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Sprinkle in the flour and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring and evenly coating the mushrooms.
3. Turn the heat to high and stir in the stock, letting it bubble and thicken slightly. Turn the heat to low and stir in the cream and Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce. Simmer on low while you blanch the beans in the next step.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water up to a rolling boil and prepare an ice bath. Add the beans to the water and cook for 3 minutes, then transfer to the ice bath. Drain well.
5. Add the drained beans to a large casserole dish. Taste the mushroom sauce and adjust the seasoning with extra Bachan’s, salt, and pepper, if desired. Toss the beans with the sauce, then top with cheese and optional crispy fried onions. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Toss before enjoying and optionally top with more crispy fried onions.
• 1/4 cup Bachan's Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
• 1/4 cup butter
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 medium onion, sliced
• 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
• 2 tbsp all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1.5 lbs green beans, washed and trimmed
• 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
• 1 cup crispy fried onions, optional
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes