Spicy Pan Potatoes
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Place the potatoes and garlic in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring the pot of water up to a boil over high heat, then turn down and cook the potatoes at a simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and cooked through, but not falling apart. Drain well.
2. In a large skillet, heat up the oil over medium high heat. Fry the drained potatoes, flipping as needed, until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Remove the potatoes from the pan.
3. Add the butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, until slightly soft, flipping as needed.
4. Add Bachan’s Hot and Spicy Barbecue Sauce and balsamic vinegar to the pan and turn down the heat. Reduce the sauce slightly until syrupy, about 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the crispy potatoes and fresh thyme to the pan and toss to coat completely until the potatoes are glossy and caramelized. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground pepper and enjoy hot.
2 tbsp Bachan's Hot and Spicy Japanese Barbecue Sauce
4-6 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
6 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tbsp neutral oil
1/4 cup butter
2 red onions, cut into wedges
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes