SWEET & SOUR PINEAPPLE SHRIMP BOATS
Posted by Roswell Studios on
Cut pineapples in half and remove chunks of pineapple.
In a large bowl combine raw shrimp, pineapple chunks, prepared veggies, and @trybachans bbq sauce.
Preheat Grill on hight. Let grill heat to around 500°F.
Char pineapple halves face down. About 5 minutes or until caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
Grill shrimp and veggie mixture on a grill safe pan or mat so that the smaller pieces do not fall through. Cook until charred. About 6-8 minutes flipping half way through. Shrimp should be cooked and veggies still slightly crisp.
Remove everything from the grill and begin assembly.
Place half of the ready rice in each pineapple. Top with veggie mixture and place shrimp on top of veggies.
Garnish with cilantro and fresh jalapeño. Finish with Bachan sauce on top.
- 1 whole pineapple
- 10-12 large shrimp
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (reserving a few pieces for garnish)
- 2 large scallions, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, rough chop or half of a large pepper
- 1 cob of corn, charred and removed from cob
- 1 cup Bachan’s Japanese BBQ Sauce
- 2/4 cup Bachan’s Sauce for finishing
- 1 bag ready rice (brown or white)
- 1/3 cup Cilantro for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.