Umami Smash Potatoes
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Place the washed potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Partially cover and cook until fork-tender, about 20-30 minutes, depending on size. When fork tender, drain well.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, oil, garlic, and parsley. Add the potatoes to the bowl and toss to coat. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Save the bowl for later.
3. Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet and lightly flatten each potato using a fork or the bottom of a glass.
4. Bake the potatoes until golden and crispy, about 10-15 minutes. Top with the parmesan and continue to bake until just melted.
5. When the cheese melts, remove the potatoes from the oven and add them back into the large bowl. Toss with Bachan’s Yuzu Barbecue Sauce, extra chopped parsley, and toppings if desired. Enjoy immediately.
1.5 tbsp Bachan's Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce
1 lb mini yellow potatoes
3 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp neutral oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
Sour cream, bacon bits, and green onions to top (optional)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes