Yuzu Coconut Shrimp
Posted by Ecomm Admin on
1. Peel the shell off the prawns, leaving the tail on. Pat dry with paper towels then season with salt and pepper. Mix the shredded coconut and panko together in a large, shallow bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, Bachan’s Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce, 1/2 cup of the flour, baking powder, and 1/4 cup water. The batter will be thick.
3. Dredge the prawns in remaining 1/2 cup of flour, then the batter, then the coconut panko, pressing to adhere. Repeat with all of the prawns. Let freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet until firm, about 30 minutes.
4. Heat the oil to 350°F. When hot, add the prawns 2-3 at a time and deep fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, flipping as needed. Drain on a wire rack.
5. Enjoy with plenty of Bachan’s for drizzling or dipping.
24 large shrimp
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup Bachan's Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce
Fire & Smoke BBQ Company Shiitake Steak Rub
1 cup flour, divided
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup panko
3 cups neutral high heat oil
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes