Yuzu Fried Rice
Posted by Lucas Mays on
1. Fluff the rice and gently mix in 1-2 tablespoons of water and 2 teaspoons of oil until all the grains of rice are coated. Set aside.
2. Lightly beat the eggs with salt and scramble in a lightly oiled large frying pan or wok, until the eggs until are mostly set but slightly runny. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
3. Heat up a generous amount of neutral oil in the pan and sear the ham over medium high heat until warmed through. Remove from the pan.
4. Turn the heat down to low and add the rice, breaking up to cook and crisp. Cooking on low ensures that the rice stays fluffy and moist.
5. Add the ham and eggs back into the pan along with the Bachan's Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce, tossing. Turn the heat up to high and stir while frying to everything smoky and crisp. Finish with fresh scallions and enjoy.
2 cups cooked rice
2 large eggs
8 oz diced ham
2 tbsp Bachan's Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce
2 scallions, thinly sliced
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 2 People