Yuzu Kabocha Soup
Posted by Lucas Mays on
1. In a pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and ginger and cook until slightly soft but not brown, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the kabocha and stock and bring up the heat to high until the soup comes to a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the kabocha is tender, 20-30 minutes.
3. Once tender, carefully transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the soup back into the pot and stir in the Bachan's Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Finish with a drizzle of extra Bachan's Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce and pepitas.
1 tbsp butter
½ small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 small kabocha squash, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 tbsp Bachan's Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4 People